There is no better feeling that the happiness we get when receiving a message from our guests with photos of their own version of our dishes that they made at home. We got once a photo via Facebook message from a guest who loved our melon salad so much, that before leaving the restaurant they asked us about every farmer we used for that dish & where to find them. Our guest then went to all the farmers market where our farmers would set up & purchased from our same farmers, bought the same awesome ingredients, went home and made the melon salad for their family. That was AWESOME!! It made us SO happy to see that, we are still writing about it 2.5 years later!
You may have seen us use the tags #EatLocal #SupportLocal #ShopLocal #Localvore, etc on our social media posts and we don’t use them just for you to come and join us for a wonderful meal; we want you to do so outside of our doors as well! That is why we post our list of our farmers on our website and on our chalkboards in our Lounge and Gallery rooms: so you can see where we get our awesome produce and meats, and get the same quality ingredients from the awesome local families we work with, for your own family.
Every month on our newsletter we showcase a local farmer or company we work with. Why? Because we want you to know where the produce and meats that make it to your plate come from. We want you to support your local businesses and keep the wonderful and hardworking families from KS & MO afloat. We want you to be able to get the best quality ingredients not only when you dine with us, but also in your own home.
So, subscribe to our newsletter & get to know your local farmers (plus you’ll get reminders of events, specials & other news at The Farmhouse), go to your local farmers market or join a CSA! Get the best food KC has to offer in your own home!
Did you know we have a newsletter? No? Well, we do!! And if you are wondering why should you join our newsletter, here are some good reasons (according to us):
- We share information about a new farmer that has joined our “farmers board” as well as what we get from them, and where you can find them. You know we love to support our local businesses, and we want you to know where your food comes from, so you can also support these awesome farmers everyday!
- Want to know about collaborations and other special events happening outside of The Farmhouse or at The Farmhouse? Unless you are constantly visiting our social media pages (Even if you “Like” us on Facebook, you may not see our posts due to their algorithm) you may miss out on information regarding an upcoming dinner that we know gets to be so popular that there is only a limited seating. By having it as an email, you don’t have to worry about missing it out on your thousands of social media posts and then forget about it… until it’s to late. (Vegan Dinner, or Green Dirt Farms dinner, anyone??)
- Wondering about menu changes? What will happen when? When will the new cocktails be featured?? Which are our monthly or weekly specials? (Beer Buckets on Fridays!!) Again, unless you visit our social media every day, you may be missing out on this fun information!
- Are there news happening about our neighborhood? During the streetcar construction we updated our newsletter recipients with news from the streetcar authority regarding street closures, delays, updates, etc… because it can’t get more local than the neighborhood where you live!
- We have sent surveys from time to time to our active newsletter recipients! We want to know what YOU think and we’ll ask for the opinion of active/interactive members.
We know that Facebook does not show all the posts of the pages you follow… so unless you are visiting our page (instead of just scrolling down through your feed), you may miss out on some of this lovely tidbits of what life at The Farmhouse is all about!! Do we need to say more about why we think it would be great for you to join our newsletter?? We didn’t think so either. =)